Behind the scenes with Louis Berry
Clash Live @ Metropolis Studios
We have teamed up with Metropolis Studios to explore new music and fresh talents in the intimate concert series Clash Live at Metropolis. These shows take place in the legendary Studio A, one of the world’s most renowned recording spaces.
September's event hosted a special gig showcasing and recording Louis Berry and the best of it - we've recorded a mini behind-the-scenes series about the event.
In the first part, studio engineer Alex Robinson runs you through the drum setup and gives great insights on the microphone placement. On drums, Metropolis Studios are using the DTP Beat Kit Pro 7 in combination with an LCT 540 S and two LCT 640 TS. Alex about his mic of choice on overheads: "The clarity and the stereo image of the two LCT 640 TS are incredible. They're very well matched, and I rarely come across a pair of mics that sounds so good together."
Watch Louis' performance
Drum recording setup
This filmed in the control room of Studio A, where Alex shows you how to use the LEWITT POLARIZER plugin after recording overheads with the LCT 640 TS to tweak the material with incredible ease of use.
DTP BEAT KIT PRO 7
- 1x DTP 640 REX for a massive kick drum sound
- 1x MTP 440 DM for a lively snare sound
- 3x DTP 340 TT for toms and percussion
- 2x LCT 340 for overheads, optional omni capsules available
LCT 540 S
- Incredibly detailed sound on vocals and instruments
- Self-noise below the threshold of human hearing
- Ideal for extreme processing
- Outstanding dynamic range
- Cardioid polar pattern
LCT 640 TS
- Full, crisp, and well-balanced sound
- Revolutionary Dual Output Mode
- POLARIZER plugin to create any pattern after the fact
- Stereo capabilities
- Multi-pattern design