20 easy vocal warm-ups you can do in 5 minutes
By Lauren Babic
OCT certified vocal teacher Lauren Babic shows 20 quick and easy to follow vocal warm-up exercises that will work wonders for your voice - whether you're a vocalist, singer, or a (voice-) actor.
The simple exercises help artists from all genres, be it pop, alternative, soul, metal, or spoken word.
Go and give them a try, and improve your performance!
The video contains the following vocal warm-up techniques:
- Yawns - helps you to relax jaw, throat & tongue
- Hhh's - helps you to engage your diaphragm
- Lip rolls - helps you to loosen up our lips, vocal cords, and face muscles
- More Lip rolls
- Shoulder lift and relax - helps to get rid of shoulder tensions
- Hip bends with lip rolls - loosens your hip area and grounds your body
- ZZZ Seesaws 1,4,1 - helps you to iron out the kinks and tightness in low and mid range
- Octave scale lip rolls - helps to expand your vocal range
- High Hee's - helps you to control your breath
- Me Gee Ee's - feel your vocal folds open and close on the ee
- Ya ya's (tongue out) - relaxes your tongue
- Gee yaws - relaxes your tongue
- Aa aa's - helps with breath control
- Vocal Fry - relaxes your vocal cords
- Squeaky Door - is a good tool for vocal development
- Ma ma's - gives you more power by controlling the breath
- Ya ya's - helps you to relax larynx, jaw and open back of the throat
- Rollercoaster - helps to connect head voice with chest voice
- Hee hee hay hay's - this warms up your screams
- Hee heeya hey - this warms up your screams
Lauren used her LCT 540 S microphone to record this video.