The MIXING CONTEST is now closed to submissions! Many thanks for all the mixes!
Make sure to never miss a chance to win free LEWITT microphones by subscribing to our newsletter.
We'll let you know about future mixing contests and giveaways.
How to take part
- Download the multitracks of ‘25 Reasons’ by Louis Berry here.
- Mix the song “25 Reasons” by Louis Berry.
- Bounce your mix to a 320kb/s mp3 file. Make sure the file name includes your first- and last name (e.g. ‘Peter Pan – 25 Reasons Mix.mp3’).
- Submit your mp3 to [email protected].
- Deadline is February 15th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST
- Only submit your track once, multiple submissions will automatically be excluded from the contest.
- Submission ends on February 15th, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST. Any tracks submitted after this deadline will be excluded from the contest.
- The engineers at Metropolis studios team will listen to all legitimate submissions to determine the three winners.
- The winner will be notified via email, as well as on our blog on March 15th, 2019.
Mixing is an art form; the winner will be chosen based on the judges' subjective taste. There are no absolute rules. Don't be upset if your version doesn't make it to the top.
Terms & Conditions
1. Contest period
- Contest submissions can be made between 11:00 AM EST, January 10th, 2019 and 11:59 PM EST, February 15th, 2019.
- Winners announced: March 15th, 2019.
The LEWITT MIXING CONTEST (the “contest”) is offered by LEWITT GmbH ("LEWITT") to residents of countries which allow such contests. By entering the contest, you accept sole responsibility for determining whether your participation is legal in any jurisdiction that applies to you. Participants must be of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence and have an active email account and internet access at the time of entry.
- Each participant may only enter the contest once via submitting an mp3 to [email protected].
- Participation in this contest is free of charge. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- By entering the contest, each participant acknowledges the rules as well as the Terms and Conditions and eventually the winners. Naturally, the selection process is not free of subjectivity and opinions may vary. Please play fair!
4. Exclusion of participation
- Employees and executives of LEWITT and their immediate family members or members of the households of such employees and executives (those who have lived in the same household for at least three of the 12 months preceding the applicable competition period) are not eligible.
- Participants, who use illegitimate means or try to increase their chances of winning by manipulation of entries will be automatically disqualified and excluded.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. Winner selection
- The winners will be chosen by the engineers from Metropolis Studios. They will judge entrants by the mixing quality of their entries.
- Final decision. All grading decisions are final.
- Once the grading of the entries is complete, LEWITT will notify the winners via email using the information submitted by the entrants in their submission.
- The names of the contest winners will be posted on LEWITT’s websites (by using the first name and the first letter of the last name), and used in any other publication, media, and other social media, as LEWITT decide, in their sole discretion.
- If a winner fails to respond within 14 days of the date of the notification, that winner will be disqualified, and the next highest scoring mix will be selected as an alternate winner for the applicable prize and notified according to this procedure.
- The prizes offered in this contest are as follows:
1st place - LCT 640 TS (MAP $899)
2nd place - LCT 440 PURE (MAP $269)
3rd place - MTP 440 DM (MAP $99)
- Winners will be notified by email. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to redeem the prize.
- All potential winners are subject to verification at LEWITTs’ sole discretion. A cash payment compensation of the prize value is precluded.
- By accepting a prize, competition winners agree that their first name and the first letter of their last name and likeness, and the winning songs (in whole or in part), may be used for advertising and promotional purposes at LEWITTs’ discretion in any and all media now known, or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations, and royalty-free. Limit one prize per applicant.
7. General conditions
- If for any reason this contest is not capable of being conducted as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of LEWITT, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, LEWITT reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. If the contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted on the LEWITT's website at www.lewitt-audio.com.
- LEWITT reserves the right to change the deadlines and/or the voting period and terms of participation.
- Overall terms & conditions are governed by Austrian law.
8. Data privacy
- LEWITT affirms that all personal data submitted by the participant with his or her mix is only used for the purpose of the contest performance, contacting winners and designation of the submitted mixes.
- The data will not be passed on to third parties and will be deleted after termination of the contest.
9. Limitations of liability
- LEWITT are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, or misdirected entries, whether caused by technical malfunction, human error or traffic congestion, or any combination thereof.
- LEWITT are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to entries. In no event will LEWITT, vendors, advertising agencies, and/or each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your participation in this contest.
- Without limiting the foregoing, everything in this contest is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non- infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
As a condition of participating in this contest, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, or any persons affiliated with the contest (including without limitation, judges), claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, solely and exclusively in the competent court of Vienna, Austria.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or your rights and obligations or LEWITT rights and obligations in connection with this competition, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of Austria.
11. Social Media
This competition is not connected to Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud, YouTube or Twitter and is not sponsored, supported or organized by those social media channels in any way.
The participant agrees to comply with Facebook’s, YouTube’s, Instagram's, SoundCloud's and Twitter’s terms & conditions.
The promoter of this competition
1150 Vienna, Austria